PLEASE REBLOG, REBLOG, REBLOG!
THIS ALSO APPLIES TO BABIES, CHILDREN AND OTHER PETS!
When did he stop treating you like a princess?
Domestic violence and abuse can happen to anyone, but the vast majority of victims are young girls and women simply because they are “the weaker sex”.
Did you know:
- On average, 2 women a week are killed by a current or former male partner. This constitutes nearly 40% of all female homicide victims.
- 45% of women are abused/raped by current husbands or partners, 9% by former partners, and a further 29% of perpetrators were otherwise known to the victim. Only 17% are attacked by by strangers.
- 44% of victims of domestic violence are involved in more than one incident. A large number of women experience the same abuse every week.
- On average, a woman is assaulted 35 times before her first call to the police.
- 30% of domestic violence either starts or will intensify during pregnancy.
- In almost 75% of incidents, a child is present or in a room closeby.
THIS HAS GOT TO STOP. IT DOESN’T HAVE TO BE THIS WAY.
It’s time to show the world that we are not weak and we will simply not stand for this kind of ill treatment. Women should be treated as princesses, like Ariel and Cinderella, who never have to live in fear of their so-called Prince Charming.
It’s time to stand up. To speak out. To be heard.
Women’s domestic abuse/violence helplines (worlwide):
- Women’s Aid/National Domestic Violence Helpline: 0808 2000 247
- EB Women’s Aid: 0800 0852 654
- Refuge: 020 7395 7713
- Wales Domestic Abuse Helpline: 0808 80 10 800
- Women’s Aid Federation (Northern Ireland): 0800 917 1414
- National Centre for Domestic Violence: 0844 8044 999
- WDA Helpline: 0161 636 7525
- Rape Crisis support: 0808 802 9999
- Relate: 0300 100 1234
- Kiran Asian women’s aid: 020 8558 1986
- Independent Choices: 0161 636 7525
- The National Domestic Violence Hotline: 1-800-799-7233 or 1-800-787-3224
- DAHMW: 1-888-743-5754
- Safe Horizon for DA/V: 800.621.HOPE (4673)
- Safe Horizon for Rape: 212.227.3000
- Love Is Respect: 1-866-331-9474
- National Teen Dating abuse/violence:
866-331-9474 or 866-331-8453
- RAINN (Rape, Abuse and Incest National Network): 1-800-656-4673
- White Ribbon: 02 9045 8444
- National Sexual Assault/Family/Domestic hotline: 1800 737 732
- LifeLine: 13 11 14
- The Women’s Domestic Violence Crisis Service:
(03) 9322 3555 or STD Freecall 1800 015 188
- Sexual Assault Crisis Line: 1800 806 292
- Domestic Violence Victoria, AUS: 9921 0828
- DVConnect Womensline - Queensland: 1800 811 811
OTHER/MORE - some repeats:
- National Child Abuse Helpline: 1-800-422-4453
- National Domestic Violence Crisis Line: 1-800-799-SAFE (7233)
- National Domestic Violence Hotline (TDD): 1-800-787-32324
- Center for the Prevention of School Violence: 1-800-299-6504
- Child Abuse Helpline: 1-800-4-A-CHILD (1-800-422-4453)
- Domestic Violence Helpline: 1-800-548-2722
- Healing Woman Foundation (Abuse): 1-800-477-4111
- Child Abuse Hotline Support & Information: 1-800-792-5200
- Women’s Aid National Domestic Violence Helpline: (UK Only) 0345 023 468
- Sexual Abuse Centre: (UK Only) 0117 935 1707
- Sexual Assault Support (24/7, English & Spanish): 1-800-223-5001
- Domestic & Teen Dating Violence (English & Spanish): 1-800-992-2600
- Relationships Australia: 1300-364-277
- Criminal Law Advice Line: 020 7251 8887
Let’s put a stop to women’s domestic violence and abuse - FULL STOP.
If you’re being treated in a way you know isn’t right, pick up the phone and get help. And get out. IT IS NEVER TOO LATE FOR YOUR HAPPILY EVER AFTER. IT’S TIME TO CHANGE.
If in need of immediate help from abuse/violence, call the police (999/911 etc).
We’re in this together.
"When did he stop treating you like a princess?"/It doesn’t have to be this way - DISCLAIMER: I do not own these images. Courtesy of Saint Hoax.
FIND OUT MORE HERE.
REBLOG AND SPREAD THE WORD. NOW.
GET REBLOGGING PEOPLE.
the only thing that’s changed since then is the quality of photos
reblogging for comment
When I was first starting the whole process of finding applying to colleges, I was blessed enough to attend one of the best charter schools in the country, with several great teachers and a CAP Advisor that put so much time and effort into helping us figure out what we were going to do with our futures. I know not everyone is so lucky to have access to the same sort of people or resources, so here’s a long masterpost of many useful links and lots of great information you can use. If you ever want advice or to talk about college, feel free to message me!
Guides and Articles to Help Decision Making and Overall Process
- For first-generation college students
- For finding colleges and scholarships (A MUST CLICK FOR ALL)
- Questions to ask yourself when deciding your major
- Should you double major?
- Is studying abroad right for you?
For High School Students
- Check out fee waivers for AP testing AND the SATs
- How do things change from high school to the real world?
- 11 college tips they won’t tell you in school
- 9 myths about college life that aren’t necessarily true
- 10 common mistakes made by college freshmen
- 15 tips on conquering your college freshmen fears
For Students in Florida
- MDC is a great+cheap place to start your college education
- Even better if you can apply and study in their Honors College
- Attending MDC? See if you can be an American Dream Scholar
- Check your eligibility for Bright Futures Scholarship
For College Students
- How to pass a college class
- What to do if you failed a class
- 10 college mistakes to avoid
- A student’s guide to surviving college finals
- A guide to surviving living on campus and having roommates
- What is the GED test?
- What is on the test?
- Free online GED prep course
- Sample GED test questions
- Free practice GED test
- Multiple free GED practice exams by 4Tests
- What is the SAT?
- When to take the test
- Register for the SAT (Ask your school for waivers if you can)
- Official SAT Question of the Day
- Official SAT practice questions
- Help donate rice to the hungry by answering practice questions
- 5 sources for free SAT Prep
- ACT Test 101
- Official ACT test prep
- ACT Question of the Day
- ACT practice questions and sample writing prompts
- Free ACT practice exam by 4Tests
- 7 sources for free ACT practice
- 21 strategies to improve your ACT score
- College financial aid terms defined
- What can I use the financial aid office for?
- Common financial aid myths
- Important college financial aid deadlines
- FAFSA deadlines by State
- 10 tips for getting the most out of college financial aid
- Apply for Federal Student Aid (Which you NEVER have to pay for)
- Paying for college with grants
- The ins and outs of scholarships
- Scholarship for women/POC studying to work in video games
- Student Loans 101
- Federal Student Aid - What you need to know about loans
- 8 tips for taking out student loans
- Volunteer for the community and get help paying off your loans
Saving, Managing, and Making Money
- Buying/renting textbooks/learning materials at really cheap prices
- 35 discounts your student ID could get you
- 5 way to relax for under $5
- Managing and saving money in college
- 5 ways to track your college expenses
- 20 different ways to make money in college
- You can travel cheaper as a student
- Youth and student discount cards
- 4 tips for creating the perfect class schedule
- Do research on the professors of the classes you want to take
- Tips for Using the Rate My Professor Website
High-Quality Studying+Productivity Resources (FOR FREE!)
- Free lecture notes, textbooks, exams, and videos from MIT
- Khan Academy - Free for everyone, everywhere, about everything
- Take your notes and flashcards with you everywhere you go
- Help donate rice to the hungry by studying any of these subjects
- 6 free online courses that can improve your life
- 25 apps college students shouldn’t live without
- 10 study tips to improve your learning
- 23 science-backed study tips
- Intense study tips
- Improve your studying skills
- How to get motivated to study
- Google smarter
- Getting even more out of Google
- Project Gutenberg offers over 45,000 free eBooks
Writing Essays + Papers
- The 5 best free word processors
- Writing resources to use use general
- When you’re not sure where to capitalize in a title
- Help in building your works cited
- For when you need even more help making citations
- For when the word you want is on the tip of your tongue
- Use Google Scholar for finding credible sources + info
- Alternatives to the word “said”
- Common errors in English usage
- Common English grammar errors to avoid
- The importance of the oxford comma
Other Helpful Resources
- How To: Become An Adult
- Really long and great masterpost that I use all the time
- Good advice for submitting art school portfolios
- Musical Theatre Auditions Masterpost
- A Self Help Masterpost of Masterposts
- Recovery resources
- Contraceptives Masterpost
- Essential Productivity Apps for any student
- How to keep your laptop in tip-top shape
realising that we’re almost halfway through the year 2013 and i have literally achieved nothing
realising that you’re reading this almost halfway through 2014 and still haven’t achieved anything
Told him to get off the top of the car, he did this
Today I got into an argument with my Aunt because she was upset that her daughter was dating a girl so I said
"Do you really think you should fall in love with someone’s genitals over their soul? Because that’s shallow and sad"
And my 75 year old grandmother who was sitting in her rocking chair, and who hasn’t said a word for the past hour screamed “OH BURN” and hit my aunt with a fly swatter
Yes just me, a dog. Taking a walk. With my dogs. Who are my friends. But also dogs. And I am a dog.
Repost this anywhere
I love the fact that this isn’t gender-specific
is everything expensive or am i just poor
WHY CANT EVERY CHARGER FOR EVERYTHING THAT EXISTS JUST BE THE SAME SHAPE AND SIZE
George Takei describes the moment when he and his family were sent to an internment camp.
IF YOU ARE A FRESHMAN IN HIGH SCHOOL RIGHT NOW I ADVISE YOU TO DO YOUR BEST SERIOUSLY I THOUGHT HIGH SCHOOL WAS SUPPOSED TO BE FUN AND I DIDN’T DO SHIT AND NOW MY C’S ON MY FRESHMAN REPORT CARDS ARE KILLING ME IN MY COLLEGE APPS AND I WISH SOMEONE HAD TOLD ME TO DO BETTER SO PLEASE LISTEN TO ME IF YOU ARE A FRESHMAN GOOD GRADES ARE COOL